"2020 Season 2.0"
SUNNYSIDE UP MOMENT - MAY 28, 2020
DAY SEVENTY-THREE OF THE CORONAVIRUS QUARANTINE FOR US AT STACK 'EM HIGH PANCAKES AND SO FORTH
It’s official! A week from today we will open our doors for 2020 Season 2.0! As usual, we will be open 7 days a week from 7 am to 1 pm offering dine-in and take-out. Gathering as a staff yesterday was energizing. Everyone walked into the dining room like masked breakfast bandits ready to roll up their sleeves and tackle whatever lies ahead. After much discussion and deliberation, we present the following plan to you, our beloved partners in pancakes.
1. Throughout Phase Two we will alter our business model to limit access to self-serve. Meaning, you will still come down the line to order, but all drinks will be ordered at the register and brought to your table.
2. In order to accommodate parties big and small, we will constantly monitor the dining room and adjust seating arrangements to give folks adequate space.
3. Front of the house employees will wear face coverings. Gloves will not be required. Proper hand hygiene has always been and always will be at the heart of our sanitation practice.
4. An elevated, thorough and ongoing cleaning and sanitizing protocol will be implemented. This includes sanitizing syrup containers, ketchup bottles, etc. in between each use. Individual condiment packets will be available for to-go orders. However, we have always been and will continue to be committed to limiting waste. Since phase two prompts the abundant use of disposable packaging, we are going to limit disposables in house as much as possible.
5. We have never taken to-go orders over the phone or online and we have decided to continue this practice. If you would like to take your order to-go, simply come in, place your order and we will cook it up fresh and bring it out to you packaged and ready to take with you! Mr. Perry was always very keen on taking care of the person in front of you first, and we will continue in that spirit.
6. We are in the process of creating family meal packages and will keep you updated as those options become available.
“The beginning is the most important part of the work,” said Plato. With our plan in place, our staff on board and you good folks ready to join us for breakfast, the important work is well underway. We look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for your continued patronage and support. You are the reason the sunny side is up!